All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active church membership; and nonviolent peacemaking.
MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
Administrative Assistant - Ephrata - East Coast MCC in Ephrata, PA
February 6, 2014
The Administrative Assistant is a full-time position at the MCC East Coast office and Material Resources Center (MRC) based in Ephrata.
This position is a service worker (volunteer) position. MCC pays for travel to and from assignment, and provides complete living expenses for service workers plus a small monthly stipend.
Individuals interested in this position should send a letter of intent and resume to Emily Stednick at email@example.com. For more information call .
· High school diploma plus 3 years of office/clerical tasks experience OR an equivalent mix of post-high education and office/clerical tasks experience
· Experience in MS Office Word, Excel and Powerpoint, database maintenance, internet and email management
· Experience in oral/written communication, office, telephone and organizational tasks
· Fantastic people skills such as greeting, hosting, inspiring, organizing and directing.
· Ability to anticipate and independently carry out multiple projects and demands, promote teamwork in changing environments and adapt work assignments with flexibility
· Excellent written and oral English skills, second language skills an asset, Spanish preferred
· Demonstrated ability and interest in relating to a wide variety of diverse constituents and MCC staff, culturally sensitive and aware
· Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for creating a welcoming and productive environment for everyone that enters the MCC East Coast Ephrata facility. This includes constituents, donors, employees, board members, volunteers and service workers. Primary duties are fulfilled while ensuring front desk coverage, as well as providing logistical support for activities and regular office management which includes oversight of office procedures, supplies and maintenance reports.
This position plays a central role in supporting the administrative needs of the MRC. The MRC prepares relief supplies, supports volunteer efforts, processes recycled materials and provides education about MCC. The Administrative Assistant at the MRC reports to the Assistant Director of MCC East Coast with support from the Material Resources Center Manager.
Provide clerical support for the Ephrata campus
1. Coordinate the administrative duties of the MCC Ephrata building to ensure smooth flow of inter-office communication, including communication with other MCC offices, and in particular the MCC East Coast office in Philadelphia.
2. Provide clerical services in processing mail flow within/to and from the Ephrata office and filing departmental materials. Print labels and assist with large mailings as needed
3. Ensure office supplies are stocked, assist with trouble shooting office machines/phones and maintain a tidy, welcoming and orderly office environment (water plants, etc.)
4. Schedule vehicles, meeting rooms and spaces, host groups as necessary
5. Coordinate Lancaster county EC staff gatherings (invitations, travel, lodging, meals, activities, etc.)
6. Serve as EC financial services team member, processing invoices, approving payments
7. Ensure Creation Care carbon emission submissions from EC are recorded and submitted
8. Function as primary contact person for phone calls, walk-in visitors and correspondence
9. Purchase supplies needed for the office, housekeeping and hospitality needs
10. Communicate with cleaning staff, organize servicing schedule and instructions
11. Track material resource donations, enter this information into the constituent database (DPO) and prepare thank you notes
12. Update constituent information as needed and church conference information each year (in DPO), along with the conference gathering lists
13. Serve as technical resource for other staff (phones, computer, copy machine, etc.)
14. Provide occasional coverage for weekend and evening activities with other staff
15. Organize informational materials to raise awareness about the work of MCC and the MRC—tours, brochures, bulletin boards, etc.
16. Facilitate constituent contacts and requests as needed
17. Provide clerical support for other regional staff, as appropriate
Provide support for the Material Resources Center
1. Receive and keep records of sales at the MRC, recycling income and donations
2. Provide logistical support for domestic material resource handling, including grocery bags and Christmas bundles
3. Receive requests for pickups of donated materials and forward to Warehouse Coordinator
4. Help organize and maintain Care for Creation Gift Shop
5. Maintain Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) records, first aid kits, etc. and serve as a member of the Safety Committee
6. Maintain MRC calendar, in conjunction with Volunteer Coordinator and other EC staff
7. Daily hosting duties including purchasing supplies, preparing snack/meals and cleaning (dishes and laundry).
Other duties as assigned.
Ephrata, Pennsylvania (population 13,000) is a borough in Lancaster County, about 57 miles west by north of Philadelphia. The primary MCC East Coast office is located in Philadelphia and this regional office is based at the Material Resources Center in Ephrata.
The person will be a part of Akron Connection Service Program which is a service unit connected to MCC’s offices in Akron & Ephrata Pa. This is a small unit, typically between 6-10 adults. Some of the group activities include 2 annual retreats, some community meals, monthly outings, occasional Bible studies and impromptu gatherings.